Terms and Conditions of Booking
- All orders are accepted subject to these terms and conditions and the “FAQs” section of our website and no other terms or representations; by making a booking, Guests agree to this.
- “We”, “our” and “us” means Portobello Tents Limited. “Guest” means the person(s) making the booking. “Tent” means a Bell Tent, a Lotus Belle Tent and any other accommodation, as specified on the booking, including their contents.
- Guests agree, for themselves and on behalf of the other occupants of the Tent they have booked:
- not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or gas appliances or electric heaters, or any fire, candle or other naked flame,
- when the Tent is unoccupied, to keep it closed, dry and secure and in particular to close any door fastenings,
- not to tamper with the structure or any part of the equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend any item from the Tent,
- that no smoking is permitted in or within 3 metres of Tents,
- not to bring animals into Tents,
- to pay us for any damage or excessive soiling to the Tents during the hire period.
- Unless clearly stated on the booking confirmation the booking of Tents does not include event tickets or entry to any event.
- Check-in and check-out times will be specified on the booking form or otherwise specified in writing by us. No refunds will be given for earlier check out.
- All children must be registered on the booking confirmation.
- Cancellation and refunds:
- Guests may cancel by clear notice in writing (letter or email) to us (see our contact details in 10 below) at any time prior to the booked check-in date. We will refund booking fees, subject to the following deductions, based on the length of notice of cancellation before booked check-in date:
- More than 28 days: 10%
- Between 7 days and 28 days: 50%
- Less than 7 days: 90%.
- We may cancel for reasons outside our control, including weather, problems with sites, cancellation of events and force majeure, or manifest errors in the online ordering process. If we cancel, we will refund booking fees in full.
- We will make refunds without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we receive notice of cancellation. We will make the refund using the same means of payment as was used for the booking. Apart from the deductions referred to above, no fees will be charges as a result of the refund.
- Exclusion of liability:
- We will not be responsible for loss or damage to property howsoever caused or for injury to persons unless the injury arose from negligence on our part or our liability cannot lawfully be excluded.
- Guests acknowledge that camping involves exposure to nature, including insects and other wildlife. The design of the Tents helps to keep them at bay, but Guests and other occupants should take sensible precautions and we will not be liable for harm arising from such natural phenomena.
- We will do all we can to provide Tents to the specification on the booking, but where that proves impossible, we will co-operate with Guests to provide an acceptable substitute. If that is not possible, we will refund the booking fee in full and that will be the extent of our liability.
- The Booking is to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising hereunder is to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Portobello Tents Limited is registered in England, No. 09868988, VAT No. 228 8329 82
Registered Office: The Bury, Bury Green, Little Hadham, Hertfordshire, SG11 2HE
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7993 8018 +44 (0) 7887 792 669